Alabama Tax Relief: Guide to Resolving AL Back Taxes
- Possibly Settle Alabama Back Taxes for Less
- Stop Wage Garnishment and Bank Account Levy
- Remove Alabama & IRS Penalties
- Stop Alabama & IRS Tax Liens
- Settle Payroll Taxes
- File Delinquent State & IRS Returns
- Connect with a team of Tax Attorneys & CPAs
- Receive Free Consultation & Likely Outcomes
- Receive Free no Obligation Competitive Quote
If you have State specific tax problems with the state of Alabama, such as back taxes, all resolution methods are determined by the Alabama Department of Revenue Services. If you have similar problems for both Alabama back taxes and Federal taxes, you will have to resolve these issues separately. The state of Alabama does not make it as easy as the IRS, you will have to call the Alabama Department of Revenue to get the majority of the forms you will need to resolve back tax problems.
The state of Alabama does realize that taxpayers do run into issues and may not be able to pay their taxes in full at times. They have set up various resolution methods that are similar to the IRS to make paying for taxes easier. Below are some of the common resolution methods that can be used with the Alabama Department of Revenue to resolve unpaid and unfiled tax problems.
With an installment agreement, you will be allowed to pay back the taxes owed in increments to ease the financial burden of paying the taxes all at once. Alabama will generally approve payment plans no longer than 12 months. The state of Alabama is not as lenient as the IRS when approving these types of agreements and therefore this type of agreement may be a bit difficult to obtain.
In order to obtain an installment agreement, the taxpayer may be required to enclose a Collection Information Statement.
Alabama Department of Revenue Taxpayer Advocacy
The Taxpayer Advocacy was created to help taxpayers that have had issues with trying to resolve tax problems through the normal procedural channels. This can be a great way to go if you have a lack of knowledge of following the normal channels provided by the Alabama Department of Revenue. In order to qualify for using the taxpayer advocacy you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Made 3 attempts to resolve the problem through normal channels
- The information that was provided by the Alabama Department of Revenue must have been proven wrong or inadequate, which resulted in confusing or hardship to the taxpayer
- The response was not given by the department by the date promised, 30 days after initial contact, or within the statutorily required time
- Noted existence of an ongoing or persistent problem with a particular procedure
The Alabama Department of Revenue Office of Taxpayer Advocacy can be reached the following way:
Alabama Department of Revenue
Office of Taxpayer Advocacy
P.O. Box 327005
Montgomery, AL 36132-7005
Telephone: (334) 242-1055
Fax: (334) 242-0814
Getting Professional Help to Resolve Your Tax Problems
BackTaxesHelp.com is one of the premier tax resolution sites serving Alabama, offering tax solutions for every individual’s unique financial situation. We created a strong and diverse team of tax professionals who will settle, file, possibly reduce and resolve State and IRS taxes. All of our tax professionals will provide you with a free consultation to give you your options and likely outcomes.
Our Simple Tax Relief Process
Get A Free Tax Analysis and Quote Instantly By Calling or Using The Form
Understand How You Can Settle, Save, and Resolve Your IRS & State Taxes
Decide If You Want To Resolve Your IRS Taxes Using Our Tax Experts
Alabama Tax Professional
Fill out the form below or call 1-800-928-5035 to receive a free consultation from a tax specialist. Connect with a tax attorney, CPA, enrolled agent or another tax professional for your unique tax situation.