Kansas Tax Problem Guide: Tax Relief from KS Taxes

check Possibly Settle Back Taxes for Less
Stop Wage Garnishment and Bank Account Levy
Remove IRS & Kansas Tax Penalties
Stop IRS & Kansas Tax Liens
Settle Payroll Taxes
File Delinquent IRS & Kansas Tax Returns
Connect with a Team of Tax Attorneys & CPAs
check Help with Kansas & IRS Audits
check Receive Free Consultation & Likely Outcomes

Receive Free No Obligation Competitive Quote
kansas tax problems

The Taxation Division of the Kansas Department of Revenue is responsible for administering and enforcing a variety of Kansas personal and business taxes.

Payment Plans

If you are unable to pay your state tax debt in full at the time it is due, you may be eligible to enter into a payment plan to pay off your tax debt over time. In order to request a payment plan, you must fill out and submit Form CM-15, Payment Plan Request for INDIVIDUAL INCOME to the Department of Revenue. You can fax Form CM-15 to the Collections Department at 1-785-291-3616 or email it to [email protected].

If the Department grants your request for a payment plan, you will receive a notice by mail within 14 days of the Department processing your request. At that point, you must make payments either by check or money order, by electronic funds transfer through your bank account, by credit card, or by wage assignment through your employer.

Furthermore, if the Department grants your request for a payment plan, you must continue to file all tax returns as they become due, and make all other required tax payments and estimated tax payments on time. Any refunds that you are owed by the state will be applied to your outstanding tax debt.

Interest and penalties will continue to accrue as you make payments toward your tax debt. There is a $10.00 administration fee charged for all payment plans that exceed 90 days. Additionally, if your payment plan exceeds six months, or if the statute of limitations for collecting your tax debt is due to expire during your payment plan, the Department of Revenue will file a tax warrant with the District Court in order to protect the state’s interest.

Petition for Abatement

If you cannot pay your state tax debt in full, either because there is a serious doubt as to your tax debt’s collectability, or your tax debt’s validity, you can request that the Taxation Division reduce the amount that you owe in state taxes. You should follow the Petition for Abatement Instructions, which includes a checklist of all documents and information that you need to submit a petition for abatement to the Taxation Division, as well as the address to which these documents should be submitted.

In completing a Petition for Abatement, you must include an offer as to the lump sum amount of tax debt that you can pay, as well as the date on which you can make the payment. If your Petition for Abatement is based on your insolvency or an inability to pay, then you also must complete and include a Financial Information Statement. This form asks for detailed information about your income, assets, and debts, which gives the Taxation Division a more complete picture of your financial situation.

Additionally, if you are asking the Taxation Division to accept original income tax returns instead of final assessments or additional information, such as other states’ tax returns, after the deadline to submit additional information, you also must complete and submit a Validity of Debt Petition for Abatement.

Taxpayer Advocate

The Department of Revenue has a Taxpayer Advocate, whose job is to help consumers resolve state tax disputes when they have exhausted all other avenues of resolution. You can contact the Taxpayer Advocate via email at [email protected].

Contact Information

For general tax questions, contact the Department of Revenue:

In person Mondays – Fridays from 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m., or by mail:

Docking State Office Building
Room 150
915 SW Harrison St
Topeka, KS 66612

By telephone: (785) 368-8222

By fax: (785) 291-3614

By email: [email protected]

Hearing Impaired / TTY:
(785) 296-6461

For tax form requests: (785) 296-4937 (voice mail)

Getting Professional Help to Resolve Your Tax Problems

BackTaxesHelp.com is one of the premier tax resolution sites serving Kansas, offering tax solutions for every individual’s unique financial situation. We created a strong and diverse team of tax professionals who will settle, file, reduce and resolve State and IRS taxes. All of our tax professionals will provide you with a free consultation to give you your options and likely outcomes. Sign up and receive your free consultation today!

Our Simple Tax Relief Process

Get A Free Tax Analysis and Quote Instantly By Calling or Using The Form


Understand How You Can Settle, Save, and Resolve Your IRS & State Taxes

No Obligation!

Decide If You Want To Resolve Your IRS Taxes Using Our Tax Experts

Save Time!








Kansas Tax Professional

Fill out the form below or call us to receive a free consultation from a tax specialist. Connect with a tax attorney, CPA or enrolled agent for your unique tax situation.

image bottom
Tax Amount Owed:
Federal or State:
First Name:
Last Name:
Zip Code:
Primary Phone:
( )
Secondary Phone:
( )
Brief Description of Tax Problem:
image top

Privacy Sealspacer Security SealSatisfaction Guaranteed